When it comes to choosing a wedding photographer, there are many things to consider. Do you want someone who will document the entire day, or just the ceremony and reception? What type of photography style do you prefer? What’s the budget? In this blog post, we will discuss the do’s and don’ts of choosing a wedding photographer. We’ll help make the process easier for you by providing some simple tips on what to look for, and maybe even more importantly, what to avoid!
– Do your research before meeting with any photographers. Look at their portfolios and read reviews from past clients. This will help you get a feel for their style and see if they’re a good fit for your vision.
– Do have a budget in mind (and stick to it!) Wedding photography can be expensive, so it’s important to know how much you’re willing to spend before meeting with any photographers.
– Do meet with a variety of different photographers. This will help get a sense of their personality and see if you click. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them on your big day, so it’s important that you feel comfortable around them. Plus, this will allow you to compare styles, prices, and personalities to find the perfect match.
– Do ask about what’s included in their packages. Some photographers offer add-ons like engagement shoots, albums, or prints. Make sure you know what’s included so there are no surprises down the road. Also keep in mind that many photographers offer a discount if booking multiple services.
– Don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations. If you know someone who recently got married, ask them who they used and if they were happy with their service. We also have a KICK-ASS set of photographers that we highly recommend.
– Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want. If there’s a specific shot you’re hoping to get, or a type of photo album you prefer, make sure to let your photographer know. They should be more than happy to accommodate your requests.
– Don’t wait until the last minute to book your photographer. Popular photographers can get booked up months in advance, so it’s important to start your search early.
– Don’t forget to read the fine print. Make sure you understand everything that’s included in your contract before signing on the dotted line. This would be a good time to review their cancellation or rescheduling policy. We know that life happens, things come up, so it’s a good idea to avoid the stress later by reviewing their policies now.
Now that you know the do’s and don’ts of choosing a wedding photographer, the process should be a little easier. Just remember to do your research, set a budget, and ask plenty of questions.
If you’re still on the hunt for great vendors for your wedding, or you would like some more guidance during the selection process, feel free to reach out to us via email or fill out an inquiry. We would be happy to chat! Cheers!